Newbie - Nested, pop-out menus - unable to click on

Just started using KS on a trial basis to see if will be useful for us. Used the record button to follow my actions and it faithfully recorded the actions.

One of the menu actions I selected is made visible by hovering over a parent menu, and I think that’s the reason behind this error

020-10-15 15:16:19.590 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Index - GatewayDataServices/span_Software Application Management’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Index - GatewayDataServices/span_Software Application Management’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:76)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:43)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:73)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:617)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$1.call(Unknown Source)
at FirstTestCase.run(FirstTestCase:77)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:339)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:330)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:309)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:301)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:235)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1602792895004.run(TempTestCase1602792895004.groovy:25)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotInteractableException: element not interactable

I expect it’s a fairly common issue.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Let’s see if this helps…

If you think this step is necessary then try to do that in Katalon. In 7.7, in the web recorder you can right click on that element > Katalon Studio > Mouse Over to add the hover test step directly.

Thanks! The Mouse Over in the recorder was instrumental in resolving the issue.