New Katalon Community Feedback!

Thanks very much for that. That definitely helps.

1 Like

Hello Gentlemen- The leaderboard is a community best practice and extremely useful for newbies to find people/experts to follow and feature our top contributors. I’m so disappointed that its not something you appreciate and that its an annoyance.

We can look at removing you from the leaderboard- OR- we may be able to see if people can follow you and also add you as a connection then can only send messages if you accept them as a contact. Not sure if we can do this in Discourse but we will check. Would be good to know which of our leaders don’t want to be included on the leaderboard if manually removing you is the only option.

Thanks for sharing your feedback its very helpful.

I think that their issue here is that the advice that they provide is something that they initiate, they do this in their own time, and when they choose to. So, if they are getting people DM’ing them, effectively using them as a personal help line, then this is not something that they have explicitly chosen to do.

People doing this actually undermines the purpose of a forum, which is to publicly discuss and solve issues that people face, and thus these actions are then to the detriment of other newbies, who may have otherwise searched for solutions and not found them, as they end up locked away in private messages.

Following someone’s posts can make sense by comparison, as everything they can then engage with is then public, and it puts no obligation on the individual users to then engage in a ‘support’ role, unless they choose to do this.

1 Like

@guy.mason agreed!

Who thinks this TT-Norms font is remotely legible? For headings it’s a disaster.

Thankfully, I have Tampermonkey :triumph: :trophy:

I do not like this font.

I do not want to be included on the leaderboard.

Who said that?

Do you really think so?

I do not think so.

Seriously, even at work, i dislike when somebody contacts me directly, unless really needed, so I have to ask them to open a Jira issue, for traceability and team visibility.
Simply because somebody knows how to do some stuff does not means that can be bothered at any time by anybody.
So, having such public board is far from being ‘best practice’.
Is not even ‘good practice’
If there is no other option, please remove myself also from that.

It seems that you believe that the guys would welcome being featured by you.

But I do not like to be featured. It is not fun.

Hi @Russ_Thomas,

I took a look at your topic and it seems using the bold “**” markdown syntax on numbered list resulted in what happened in the screenshot while using headings i.e “###” does not (see below).

1. Testing

We’ll look into this with our designer; in the meantime, is it alright if I go in and replace the bold syntax to heading? Thanks :smile:

1 Like

Tell your designer you need a font that scales well/properly.

Illicit ← that is terrible

I did it.

1 Like

It’s so clearly a designer’s choice of font. heh.

the most funny part is… this happens on a forum where… is about testing. and lot of UI testing.
Is your ‘designer’ for real, you guys?
we can accept being your beta-testers…
altough in my opinion this is just a pre-alpha

@bionel :laughing:

That’s not the worst, how about this for illegal HTML:

Two inputs with the same ID. Naughty. :angry:

I don’t know what to say experts. We are working with Discourse- they are the platform vendor actually making these customizations like they do with number of other customer communities.

Its a process we are working through. We will get a meeting on the calendar to discuss some of the current updates with you and have a dialogue which is clearly needed because this discussion has become pretty negative which is not the intent.

We will invite top contributors and anyone else who would like to be on the call for sometime next week. Feel free to PM me for an invite request.

Please keep constructive feedback and ideas coming. We will also be publishing regular bug fixes and enhancement updates.

Regards,

Perhaps the designer and/or the engineer who built the site doesn’t know, or doesn’t care, the primitive rule of HTML; the id attribute MUST be unique in a whole HTML document.

Do you want some backing? See the following ref:

The id global attribute defines an identifier (ID) which must be unique in the whole document. Its purpose is to identify the element when linking (using a fragment identifier), scripting, or styling (with CSS).

1 Like

@vu.le This one is a UX issue, broken since the upgrade:

Diagnosis: When the setting is changed, the animation leaves the element transparent (I’m guessing opacity:0 or similar). Nobody expects their chosen setting to disappear.

1 Like

On mobile when I visit https://forum.katalon.com/ I always see the upper half of viewport is blank.

This blank space makes me feel this site must be broken.

1 Like