Need only the print statement in the report file

Hi Team,

1. How can we get only the print statement as a separate report for each test case?
  2. How can we restrict/ignore the logs in the console window?
  • As we need only the print statement for each test case.

• Also if the script is failed, we need the error/failure reason.

• At end of test suite/Test suite collection we need the number Pass, Fail, Errors count.

I have seen that, Katalon is generating the logs for each line in the console tab.

Thanks,

Nantha said:

Hi Team,

1. How can we get only the print statement as a separate report for each test case?

• At end of test suite/Test suite collection we need the number Pass, Fail, Errors count.

I have seen that, Katalon is generating the logs for each line in the console tab.

Thanks,

Hi Nantha,

Unfortunately, Katalon Studio does not support the print statement as a separate report. Also, you cannot restrict/ignore execution logs.

Have you checked Katalon Analytics out?
Katalon Analytics, a web application to help users analyze and have richer views of test automation reports. Katalon Analytics presents data through the dashboard with powerful visualizations:
• Test execution Status of each run as well as test run History
• Analyzing test cases Performance and Flakiness
• Various Reports provide useful information for both Development team and Business team.

Thank you for using Katalon Studio,

Regards,
Liam

Liam B said:

Nantha said:

Hi Team,

Thanks,

Hi Nantha,

Unfortunately, Katalon Studio does not support the print statement as a separate report. Also, you cannot restrict/ignore execution logs.

Have you checked Katalon Analytics out?
Katalon Analytics, a web application to help users analyze and have richer views of test automation reports. Katalon Analytics presents data through the dashboard with powerful visualizations:
• Test execution Status of each run as well as test run History
• Analyzing test cases Performance and Flakiness
• Various Reports provide useful information for both Development team and Business team.

Thank you for using Katalon Studio,

Regards,
Liam

Hi Liam,
I understood your process.
As a Quality Analyser, We should provide the exact steps which followed for the Test cases in order to raise the ticket for the failure to the developer. So that everyone will understand where the failure occurred exactly.

Steps like,
Test Case: Gmail_SendMailAndVerifyInReceiverEnd
Step 1: User successfully logged in to the as "xxx@gmail.com".
Step 2: User successfully navigates to the New Message Window by click on ‘Compose’ link.
Step 3: User sent an email to user “yyy@gmail” user
Step 4: User "xxx@gmail.com" successfully logged out.
Step 5: User "yyy@gmail.com" successfully logged in
Step 6: **Fail - Mail not received in the inbox of "yyy@gmail.com" which sent by "xxx@gmail.com" user.
As per my point this the smart way. when people writing the test cases, That time itself they will the mention each test steps.
bcaz, Katalon is generating the reports with the logs for each line of script code and this only uses full when the problem occurs in the script, not Functionality.
We are testing, As functionality is working as expected or not and if the failure occurs, we should provide exact steps for reproducing the failure.

Hi Nantha,

Thank you for your information. Correct me if I’m wrong that you are talking about Process Logs and wish Katalon Studio could generate the logs such as BDD logs.

As mentioned earlier, Katalon Studio will only generate **execution logs ** NOT process logs as per your explanation. However, you can achieve this by leveraging TRY/CATCH block to generate a statement in case of any failed test steps.

Hope my answer addressed your concerns but I will also share with the team for the better approach in the future.

Thank you for using Katalon Studio and providing valuable feedback,

Happy Testing,
Liam

Can we write our own statements in between the generated statements in test report