Need Help with Executing Test Cases Sequentially in Katalon Studio

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to execute my test cases sequentially in Katalon Studio. However, I’m facing some challenges in achieving this. I have a test suite containing multiple test cases, and I want them to run one after the other in a specific order.

I have tried using the @Setup and @TearDown annotations, but it seems they only work at the test suite level, not for individual test cases. I’ve also looked into using custom keywords, but I’m not sure how to implement them correctly for this purpose.

Could someone please guide me on how to execute test cases sequentially within a test suite in Katalon Studio?

Also I have gone through this: https://forum.katalon.com/t/how-to-execute-test-cases-in-a-test-suite-sequentially/36051mlops which definitely help me a lot.

Any Guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Set up a parent testcase, which calls each child testcase in order.

The test cases are executed sequentially in the order of how the test cases were added into the test suite.

@Setup and @teardown is not relevant regading the order besides they can be used in a single test case as well if needed.

Do you have a similar data binding perhaps? If you bind any data file behind a test case, the TS execution still goes sequentally but the TC itself loops as many times as many excel rows are in the datafile. (~csv, etc)

Could you please describe your current setup and outcome?

Did you get solution ?

@elija6266 if you have a test suite containing multiple test cases, and you want them to run one after the other in a specific order.For this you need to rearange test cases order as per your specific order that you have added in testsuite.