Need a solution to send text on text box of flutter App

I have tried 3 way to send a text to the text box on flutter App but every time I found error, my followed ways & findings (error) are given below-

1.Mobile.sendKeys(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/TV_App/android.widget.EditText0 - Input’), ‘testMim’)

Error:-
Cannot send keys ‘testMim’ on test object ‘Object Repository/TV_App/android.widget.EditText0 - Input’. (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: Cannot set the element to ‘testMim’. Did you interact with the correct element?

1. AppiumDriver<?> driver = MobileDriverFactory.getDriver()
    TestObject element = ObjectRepository.findTestObject(‘ObjectRepository/TV_App/android.widget.EditText0 - Input’)
    JavascriptExecutor jse = (JavascriptExecutor)driver
    jse.executeScript(“arguments[0].value=‘enter the value here’;”, element )

• Argument is of an illegal type: com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.internal.WebElementToJsonConverter.apply(WebElementToJsonConverter.java:83)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.executeScript(RemoteWebDriver.java:484)

3.Mobile.tap(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/TV_App/android.widget.EditText0 - Input’), 0)
Mobile.delay(03)
Mobile.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/TV_App/android.widget.EditText0 - Input’), ‘TestMim’, 0)
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Failed to set text into element (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: Cannot set the element to ‘TestMim’. Did you interact with the correct element?
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’

@duyluong @Chris_Trevarthen Could you please help me by giving the solution, I’m badly needed as my current project developed on Flutter?

Hi @farzana.sharmin,

Unfortunately, it looks like Flutter support in Appium (the underlying tool for interacting with apps in Katalon Studio) is not complete. Appium 1.16.0 and above does look like it has beta support for an Appium Flutter driver (https://github.com/appium/appium/releases). Which version of Appium are you using?

– Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen ,Thank you so much for giving reply,I’m using Appium 1.16.0 but facing above issue,so what should I do now?

Hello @Chris_Trevarthen , just now I have installed Appium 1.17.0 and also install appium flutter driver by this command - npm i -g appium-flutter-driver
so now what should I do next? Beacuse still facing above issue :frowning:

Hi @farzana.sharmin,

I think you did just what I would do - if Appium 1.17.0 isn’t automatically supporting Flutter and the appium-flutter-driver isn’t working, either, I’m not 100% sure what to check next.

Here are some articles about testing Flutter apps directly in Appium, which might be an approach you could try, just to see if it works at all with your app:

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hey Katalon team, any solution for this as we also got stuck with passing text in Flutter app text field. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.