Why does katalon waits over and above the given timeout limit before failing the Test cases ? I have one test steps which i want to fail if the given element is not present within 10 second but katalon waits for around 90 sec to check the element before failing it . these behavior adding up my total execution time.
Mobile.verifyElementExist(findTestObject(‘Application/android.widget.TextView - App’), 10) my default failure handling is STOP_ON_FAILURE.
You reported 90secs wait after a failture at Mobile.verifyElementExist(x, 10), but I am not convinced that you are reporting a fact. There could be some other cause of failure and probably you missed it. Please check the execution log again.
You are complaining about Mobile.verifyElementExist but in the screenshot you show a failure of tap.
Something does not match.
On the otherside, what is in the screenshot is the time taken for the test step to execute, not for the keyword to validate/execute whatever is needed.
Is is known that, using Log Viewer adds some unwanted delays to execution, see:
that should improve it a bit, but you cannot avoid the extra time for the client/server action.
the client (in this case katalon) send whatever action to appium, which execute it on the device, wait for an answer and reports back to the client.
on this part, there is nothing you can do, i am affraid, other than check the network latency and see if there are any issues.
you can also google a bit on this, perhaps using better locators and so on … here i cannot help much, i never did mobile testing
Thanks @kazurayam@bionel . Thanks for all the information. I went through few past execution reports and looks like it is more to do with the screenshot logging that happened after the failure. just now i disabled the screenshot logging and it took 11 sec only.
well … at least, now you know
in “WEB”, ofcourse is faster because the interraction between the testing framework (no matter if it is katalon, pure selenium coding in whatever language or whatever else) happens on the same physical machine (except if you use remote runs like in selenium grid etc where networking matters)
so the delays are introduced by the framework himself, the browser himself and by the AUT (with a small contribution from the hardware where this is running, regarding IO and compute power needed) mainly
when testing on mobile (even if you are using an emulated device which runs on the same machine) there is an additional delay caused by the client/server stuff, top of the framework lacks, the device hardware capabilities and whatever other factors.