Mobile Native app testing on Katalon test cloud returning the remote stacktrace: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal key values seen in w3c capabilities: [deviceId]

Hello,

I’m currently attempting to execute a native mobile test suite using Katalon Test Cloud, and I’m encountering an issue. Could anyone provide assistance on how to properly use Katalon Test Cloud for a native mobile app, along with the prerequisites needed to achieve this successfully?

Thank you!

2024-03-04 14:59:10.347 INFO c.k.k.c.a.driver.AppiumDriverManager - desiredCapabilities = {
“app”: “C:\Users\Admin\git\KatalonAutomationCap\androidapp\APIDemos.apk”,
“browserVersion”: “latest”,
“platformVersion”: “12”,
“browserName”: “chrome”,
“katalon:option”: {
“organizationId”: “xxxxxxx”,
“tunnelId”: “”,
“deviceVersion”: “12”,
“deviceId”: “google_pixel_6_pro”,
“usingTunnel”: false
},
“platformName”: “Android”,
“deviceId”: “google_pixel_6_pro”,
“deviceName”: “Google Google Pixel 6 Pro”
}
2024-03-04 14:59:10.373 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\Admin\git\KatalonAutomationCap\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create a new remote session. Please check the server log for more details. Original error: Illegal key values seen in w3c capabilities: [deviceId]
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
System info: host: ‘DESKTOP-LK3RTUI’, ip: ‘172.31.98.xxx’, os.name: ‘Windows 11’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_362’
Driver info: driver.version: SwipeableAndroidDriver
remote stacktrace: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal key values seen in w3c capabilities: [deviceId]

1 Like

Hi,

We have the instruction of using Katalon TestCloud with native mobile app: Run mobile native application tests on TestCloud | Katalon Docs and you can also try some use cases: https://docs.katalon.com/docs/katalon-platform/execute/test-execution-with-testcloud/use-cases/upload-files-for-native-mobile-application.

I think you are trying to execute the sample mobile testing in the katalon cloud.
and as you mentioned that you are trying to execute native mobile application here in you capabilities it seems you are trying to execute in a chrome browser
pls provide clear details to assist.

you are using a capability name device id here. can u tell me on which cloud you are trying to execute
?

Hi Bharathi,

I am trying to execute the sample mobile testing using katalon Test cloud devices.

Mobile>Android>NativeApp

Does Katalon has test cloud devices to execute native mobile applications
I hope it is not pls recheck the same