Load from WSDL doesn't work: SSLHandshakeException

Load from WSDL doesn’t work. I get an SSLHandshakeException. Details below.

Here is the link to the WSDL I am trying to load:
https://169.53.53.11:443/roseroplphibmcom-dev/sb/Calculator?wsdl

I am using Katalon Studio version 6.1.1
In Katalon my Project Settings / Network is set to “Bypass certificate validation”
My Katalon Proxy is set to disabled.
The WSDL loads fine using SoapUI, but I can’t get it to work in Katalon.

Error message screenshot:

Error message full text:
javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to resolve imported document at ‘https://169.53.53.11:443/roseroplphibmcom-dev/sb/Calculator?wsdl’.: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 169.53.53.11 found
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getDefinition(WSDLHelper.java:124)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getService(WSDLHelper.java:139)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getPorts(WSDLHelper.java:147)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getPortMap(WSDLHelper.java:250)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getBindingOperationsByRequestMethod(WSDLHelper.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getOperationsByRequestMethod(WSDLHelper.java:189)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.util.WSDLHelper.getOperationNamesByRequestMethod(WSDLHelper.java:183)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.SoapServicePart$3$1.run(SoapServicePart.java:152)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 169.53.53.11 found
at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown Source)
… 11 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 169.53.53.11 found
… 12 more

2 Likes

I should mention that download the wsdl file and using the local copy is a workaround, but it’s not an elegant solution. I’d like to access the wsdl directly from the service.

2 Likes

My conclusion is that the “Bypass certificate validation” really isn’t working. Katalon still does the SSL validation even with the setting disabled, and so another workaround I found was to edit my hosts file such that the host name matches the common name in the site certificate.

1 Like

I think so. This topic has been moved to Bug Reports and will be fixed soon.

@huynguyen

@huynguyen, I have the same issue here. Can you tell us when to expect the fix?

@huynguyen, I have the same issue here. Can you tell us when to expect the fix?

Hi @roseropl, @rodevries, @Milan_Chalanek,
Sorry for the late response. Please try again with Katalon Studio 6.3.0.rc7. You can find that version at https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases.
Regards.

i closed this as it is inactive