Katalon v6.3.0 - Unable to run BDD feature

Hi,

When attempting to execute a BDD test I get a report within a couple seconds of starting the run that the test has been ran and was successful (although it hasn’t attempted to run any of the test). Looking at the event log I can see the following error:

Warning: NLS missing message: MSG_FORUM_SEARCH in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages
SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”.
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See SLF4J Error Codes for further details.
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: DIA_CONFIRM_INSTALL_WEBDRIVER in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: DIA_CONFIRM_INSTALL_WEBDRIVER_TITLE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages
chromedriver is located at default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.3.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver.exe. In case your browser is updated to a newer version, please use this command to update chromdriver: --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true
Launcher status after execution process completed: Running
Warning: NLS unused message: MENU_CONTEXT_WEBSERVICE_REQ_POSTMAN in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.constants.composerWebserviceMessages
chromedriver is located at default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.3.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver.exe. In case your browser is updated to a newer version, please use this command to update chromdriver: --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

I have ensured that the feature file is glued to the correct script which runs the BDD, however none of the script code is actually attempted to be run as you will see in the console output below.

SLF4J: The requested version 1.7.16 by your slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.6]
SLF4J: See SLF4J Error Codes for further details.
2019-07-04 08:54:33.250 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - --------------------
2019-07-04 08:54:33.264 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - START Verification
2019-07-04 08:54:33.528 INFO c.k.k.c.c.k.CucumberBuiltinKeywords - Starting run keyword runFeatureFile: ‘Include/features/BBDExample.feature’ and extract report to folder: ‘C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Katalon\Include\features\BBDExample.feature\20190704_085431/cucumber_report/1562226873521’…

0 Scenarios
0 Steps
0m0.001s

2019-07-04 08:54:33.921 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - END Verification

This was found on Katalon v6.3.0 beta version, I also now cannot run this in v6.2.0 (my previous version) as the include/script package that the BDD script is in does not appear correctly when opening the project in the older version, and therefore I am unable to execute the script to compare. This is likely a separate bug, but seeing as I am stuck with the beta, any assistance on the above would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Tristan

I’ve resolved this not being able to run and managed to get back to the relative safety of a known release build (6.2.0), what I’ve done shouldn’t have fixed this issue thinking about it as all I’ve done is try and recover my include/script within a package…

Anyway in case this has resolved the issue, I had another issue as mentioned above about loosing the ability to see my Include scripts within a package. To fix this I moved the files up a level in to the com.ea folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Katalon Studio\TrakaDemo\bin\groovy\com\ea) and deleted the steps folder that they were in, changed the package within the script to just com.ea and re-glued the steps within the feature file.

I had to restart Katalon after changing the file locations etc. before then correcting the package in the script and the re-gluing (re-calculate steps).

Now only have to work out why the feature file is running, but within .5 of a second is showing as passed when it hasn’t even tried to run any of the script.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.