Katalon TestOps with Git Integration
FUNCTION / AREA
Schedule Test Run > TestCloud
Given I have can manage Katalon TestOps Scheduled Test Runs and created a run with a Git project and a test suite/test collection is selected with file uploads and the absolute file path is generated using Paths lib and the environment is Windows Chrome (latest)
When I run the Scheduled Test Run and it completes
Then the Test Result involving a test with file uploads fail because the file cannot be found
I did some investigation into this after finding no solutions from the following topics:
- Execute Upload Files scenario using Testcloud - #16 by smit
- Has Katalon TestCloud changed to not allow file uploading of repository files? - #8 by jason.tolotta
The file can be located when executed from the local machine using the Paths lib.
The following error occurred when executing the test from a TestCloud instance using a Windwos Chrome browser
The file exists, but the file cannot be uploaded
10/06/2023 04:50:43 +00:00 - [TEST_STEP][NOT_RUN] - comment("Fixture Sample File Exists? " + Files.exists(fixtureFilePath)): Fixture Sample File Exists? true 10/06/2023 04:50:43 +00:00 - [MESSAGE][INFO] - Fixture Sample File Exists? true
I noticed the Operating System is Linux:
The failure is caused by the path returned is in the Linux file path format, when the expectation is the file path of Windows should be used locate the file to upload in a Windows Chrome browser.
WORKAROUND: Switching the Schedule Test Run tests to execute on a Linux Chrome browser solves this problem and the file is uploaded successfully.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Create a Schedule Test Run using TestCloud with Windows Chrome as the browser. Include a Test Suite with file uploads using Paths to retrieve the absolute file path.
- Run the tests and wait until the results are generated
- Review the upload file test result
- Observe the file cannot be located
When executing the project on Windows Chrome the expectation is that the Paths lib when used generates a Windows File Path