Katalon test cloud when executing testscripts with both mobile and web application test steps

Hi
i’m working on a automation project to automate a mobile and web application. for now i’m doing test execution in my local system and a physical mobile device. i’m planning to move the test execution to Test Cloud.

My test script has both mobile as well as web test steps.

for Example:

1. i need to start the execution with my web Application
  2. i’m creating a user in my web application
  3. By declaring the Android Driver Manually and using the Katalon DriverFactory.ChangeDriver(driver name) method i’m switching between web to mobile and mobile to Web.
  4. i’m validating the created user is added to the mobile application and validating some functionalities
  5. switching from mobile to web do some transactions
  6. switch to mobile and do validations etc…

My concern here is katalon cloud will keep the mobile and web session intact? until my test execution get’s completed.
or
katalon will end the session of mobile or web. if the driver gets changed/closed ? if the session get’s terminated(i need to re create the session by adding test steps)

i tried some third party test cloud device vendors they are cleaning the session to the mobile devices if the device is inactive for more than 5 minutes.

if it is possible in katalon test cloud please share me how to achieve the same?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your question. I will ask my team and back to you soon

1 Like

i’m trying to connect mobile native app to test cloud, but idont find an option to upload apk or ipa file.
Does Katalon support executing mobile native apps in Test Cloud? If yes, can you guide me…

Hi,

Your issue is similar to this: End of mobile native application tests, Why? - #6 by dnramessh. Please help follow over there

HI @dnramessh
unfortunately Katalon removed test execution of native mobile application (APK) from katalon test cloud you have to use 3rd party mobile test cloud vendors such us Kobiton, Lambda test and Browser stack etc…

Thank you for your reply @bharathi.a

So we can script using Katalon Studio and execute the test cases in cloud using other 3rd party cloud.
Is my understanding correct?

@dnramessh
Yes if your katalon script is based on the mobile web browser you can use katalon cloud if not
you have to purchase license from Kobiton or from the 3rd party cloud vendors who provide native mobile application execution support

Katalon team said that executing mobile native app in Test cloud once we buy license.

1 Like

please make sure I’m having testops and Katalon studio enterprise license. but still unable to do native mobile application test execution.

for the time being, create a new katalon account it will give you a month of free access to all katalon products

please try executing the native mobile application scripts in the test cloud. if it works go for the test cloud license

I have trial version now and I do not see any option to upload native apps to test execution.
i will recheck again.
Thanks for your reply @bharathi.a

1 Like