Katalon Test API - Unable to send request (Root cause: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out (Connection timed out))

Reason:

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to send request (Root cause: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out (Connection timed out))

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:56)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword.sendRequest(SendRequestKeyword.groovy:48)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.builtin.SendRequestKeyword.execute(SendRequestKeyword.groovy:43)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords.sendRequest(WSBuiltInKeywords.groovy:40)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords$sendRequest.call(Unknown Source)

at get_all_atm_locations.run(get_all_atm_locations:16)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1548645700581.run(TempTestCase1548645700581.groovy:22)

Can someone help me?

Could you double check to ensure that the service working?

Hi Brian,
I am also facing the same issue. The service works fine with Postman. Also it gives a proper response when we check it from the object repository.

Regards,
Satanjib

Could you give detail information of the server so that I could try?

Hi all,

I also have the same issue with version 6.1.1
The request works fine from object repository but from test case (WS.sendRequest) does not work, I tested the endpoint in browser and it returned me the correct result as I am hitting (GET) endpoint

Thank you
Ahmed

Hi @Amado_Saladino,
Please go to Preferences > Katalon > Proxy, then select “Disable BrowserMob proxy” and check again.
Regards.

this worked for me . Thanks

Hello,
The tip provided did not return any good result.
Can you please validate?
Thanks.