Katalon Studio error on first startup

System Details:
MACos mojav 10.14.6

Downloaded Katalon for Mac, extracted from .zip file, clicked on Katalon Studio.App

Splash screen appeared for a moment, then a modal appeared saying "An error occurred, please see [file path]/xxxx.log for details.

Additional Notes:
This is the first time I have attempted to install Katalon. I have previously installed some components to support Selenium, but beyond that my machine is pretty standard.

Any help would be much appreciated. I took a look around the forums, but didn’t see anything that matched my particular situation. If I just missed the right thread, kindly redirect me.

Full log file text follows:

1567724283944.log (91.6 KB)

Thanks in advance,

-N

Have you moved Katalon Studio into the application folder yet ?

Hello, It seems I am having the same thing using the fresh MacOs Catalina and a freshly installed Katalon Studio.

It looks like Katalon is trying to install the dependencies, but they already are available.
A part of the .log file:

!SESSION 2019-10-18 16:07:49.699 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_181
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_LV
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/Janeks/.eclipse_keyring
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault -keyring /Users/Janeks/.eclipse_keyring

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-10-18 16:07:52.589
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/net.sf.supercsv.super-csv_2.1.0.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "net.sf.supercsv.super-csv" and version "2.1.0"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-10-18 16:07:52.591
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.manipulator_2.0.200.v20160504-1450.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.manipulator" and version "2.0.200.v20160504-1450"

Just moved the “Katalon Studio” app to the Applications folder, and now it seemw to startup just fine (together with a Terminal app)

This step should be added to the setup instrucions.

1 Like

Well It does not work on MacOS Catalina unless you override the security check in system preferences. Apparently the app is not signed properly and Apple cannot verify it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.