Katalon Recorder - I can't import the downloaded Profile

HI,

I downloaded the Profiles to my local drive.
When I opened again and want to import the Profiles, it doesn’t works.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

You haven’t actually shared with us what happens when you try this. You have told us it doesn’t work, but not much more. I can make guesses what happened, but without knowing more details, they would just be guesses.

As a general advisory, it’s recommended to also share what version you’re using, what browser you’re using it with, etc, too.

Hi @cathyshao123456,

Thank you for sharing your issue. Please help provide the error log and other details so that we can help you. Thank you

As we can see from the picture, the downloaded profile should can be import to the Katalon Recorder but doesn’t.(Katalon Recorder 7.0.0)

Hi there @cathyshao123456, :wave:

Thank you very much for sharing with us about your issue.

I am not sure whether this has to do with the recent KR 7.0 update or not, but I will nevertheless direct you to our Recorder team so that they can assist you further.

To help our engineers pinpoint the issue, could you please provide the following:

1. The web page that you were testing with Katalon Recorder.
  2. The steps to reproduce the bug.
  3. A screen recording of the bug in action.

The information above will be very helpful to our Recorder team!

:information_source: Additionally, you could also contact our Recorder team via the email: recorder-services@katalon.com for faster support, bug report, or feature requests.

Thanks,
Albert

test

Is the profile you exported set as the ‘Default Profile’ from where you exported it? If so, Katalon Recorder won’t let you import it (in that state). It will let you record it if when you export it you set a different profile to default first (and you can then set it back to default again once you’ve exported it).

So, if this is the cause, try setting it to non-default in the source location, export it, and try import it on this machine, and see if that fixes it (and you can then set that profile to default on the new machine once imported, too).

I think I got the root cause, each exported profile is not complete, only 1 KB.

This is the GIF
bug

1 Like

@albert.vu Looks like there is a bug here with it not exporting profiles properly where the name of a variable includes a hashtag

2 Likes

Hi Guy and Shao,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward this to our Recorder team.

Thanks,
Albert

1 Like

Hi @cathyshao123456 , I appreciate your assistance in identifying these issues. I have forwarded your message to our engineering team for further investigation.

Given that we are currently focused on resolving bugs stemming from the significant migration to Manifest v3, it will require some time to thoroughly investigate and implement a solution for this particular issue.

Your patience and contributions to Katalon are greatly valued. Thank you.

1 Like