Katalon not inputting data in Chrome but works in Firefox

I recorded a flow using Chrome’s Katalon extension recorder. Playing it worked initially, however, something changed and now when I play the test, it won’t input certain values to a text box. Some text box inputs work fine, whereas, some do not. I loaded the same script in Firefox and it works fine.

Any ideas on what may have changed to prevent this from working in Chrome?

There was a change yesterday but we’ve reverted it already after a few hours. May I know the version you are using?

I’m using version 5.6 and I have scripts that run in Firefox but not Chrome. One such script can’t run in Chrome without me scrolling to the element but I was able to get it to work by doing that. The script below cannot select the value of Nursing in the program finder on the page in Chrome, but it can in Firefox. Thoughts? It’s also saying the element is not selected (when I run in Firefox), but it clearly is. I added some delays to see if that makes a difference but no joy.



WebUI.navigateToUrl(GlobalVariable.baseurl + ‘www.snhu.edu’)


WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject(‘Page_Southern New Hampshire Univers/select_Select a Degree LevelBa (1)’), 'Bachelor\‘s’,



WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Southern New Hampshire Univers/select_All CategoriesAccelerat’),

'Nursing', true)


WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_Southern New Hampshire Univers/input_main_0masthead_0programf (1)’))


not_run: WebUI.verifyElementChecked(findTestObject(‘HomePage Program Finder/Page_Program Finder SNHU/label_Bachelors’),


WebUI.verifyElementNotChecked(findTestObject(‘HomePage Program Finder/Page_Program Finder SNHU/label_Bachelors’), 2)

WebUI.verifyElementClickable(findTestObject(‘HomePage Program Finder/Page_Program Finder SNHU/label_Bachelors’), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

I had the same issue for Katalon Studio. This issue is present because Chrome handles elements differently compared to Firefox. There are two ways to fix it:

A] Use WebUI.delay(3) before using the WebUI.setText
B] Use WebUI.waitForElementVisible() before using the WebUI.setText

Both the statements work very well on both Chrome and Firefox.

Thank you!