I was going to write about Katalon Helper Tool and how to use but acctually You can just simply go to:
and read about it.
You can also check this thread for some additional info:
So what I can add here is:
- I use Windows scheduler to run Helper tool at start of system so it’s always ready to use.
- If You want to use it for some more complex task You should write it in i.e. Powershell or something and run it instead of writing whole task/tasks to do in target value for open. There is 2 reason why:
a) address bar in browser are limited to about 2000 characters
b) it will look cleaner in Katalon if You have something like this:
http://localhost:18910/execute?cmd=powershell d:%5C’Chrome downloads’%5CmessageBox.ps1
and not full program write after “cmd=”
- Katalon Helper Tool will return response in JSON format so it’s two way communication because You can then process this response.
My examples of using it:
- I run powershell which send me an e-mail with simple raport from executed tests.
- I had in plan to use it for checking mailbox after every testcase to see if e-mail with order confirmation arrived.
It gives Katalon recored so much power that you are only limited by your imagination what You can do with it.