Katalon.exe don't start on Windows 7. But with eclipsec.exe it starts OK!

Dear colleagues!

The Katalon 5.6 stops to start on my Windows 7 with katalon.exe. I cannot find any log or Event message why it does so. But when I run eclipsec.exe, the application starts ok! So, I must use in command line “eclipsec -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=…” command instead of “katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=…”.

Had anyone similar problem? Can You advice me what can I do to resolve this?

Best Regards,

Alex

How do you start Katalon Studio in this case?

I click on katalon.exe in Windows Explorer or run katalon.exe from command line. Allways the same result. Katalon.exe does not start.
BTW: I cannot find “config” directory in Katalon, as it described in “Read this FIRST before reporting an issue / bug”:: Windows (\config\.metadata\.log)

Do you exact all of the files in .zip file first before starting it?

katalon_zip_configuration.png

katalon_zip.png

So the main question is you start katalon.exe directly within a .zip file?

No. I unzip katalon into C:\WEBAUT\KATALON then start them.
Also, here is my BAT file:
---

cd c:\WEBAUT\KATALON

rem katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“P:\Projects\FILENET\FILENET.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/VDIE2E002” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“IE”

eclipsec -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“P:\Projects\FILENET\FILENET.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/VDIE2E002” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“IE”
---

When I started it with unremarked katalon, nothing to do… command stops.
With unremarked eclipsec I get next outout and all work OK:

C:\WEBAUT\KATALON>eclipsec -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“P:\Projects\FILENET\FILENET.prj”

-retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/VDIE2E002” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“IE”

Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecifie

d

136 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

Fri Aug 24 15:45:09 CEST 2018

Cannot send request, retry to send.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Suites/VDIE2E002 - IE - 20180824_154520…0/1(0%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Aug 24 15:45:53 CEST 2018

Cannot send request, retry to send.08-24-2018 03:45:33 odp. - [START] - Start T

est Suite : Test Suites/VDIE2E002

08-24-2018 03:45:34 odp. - [RUN_DATA] - Logging run data ‘hostName’ with value ’

e2etester - VDIE2E002.rdm.cz’

08-24-2018 03:45:34 odp. - [RUN_DATA] - Logging run data ‘os’ with value 'Window

s 7 32bit’

=== next output was been cutted ====

Sometime (rarely) katalon.exe work too… Unfortunately I cannot find the log file and analyze why. I have clear Windows 7 installation on ESX and unzipped KATALON STUDIO. I tried Windws Restart and so on…

Now! katalon.exe starts successfully. Unfortunately only once! After that I found the .log file. But next attempt was fail again. When katalon.exe crashed, it does not generate log or any message. (So, I cannot found the log file before because katalon.exe never start successfully and eclipsec.exe does not generate log in file, only in console).

Now, as workaround I am still using eclipsec.exe instead katalon.exe.

Somewhere between katalon.exe start’s point and logging (in katalon.exe) start’s point is problem… May be in my OS, or in katalon.exe. Unfortunately, I cannot define one because katalon.exe and/or my OS generate no any messages before the crash.