Katalon CMD Launch Not Running Fully

Hello,

I have recently started using Katalon to test our website. I need to be able to set up a recursive task to run the test case automatically.

I’ve come across the CMD function and have managed to get this working in a fashion ( figured out I need to run the command in CMD from the folder that Katalon is installed.).

However every time the CMD executes I get a new CMD window open, the script looks as if it is working and then I get this:

This window then closes again shortly after. The test does not execute, no errors come up so I am at a loss as to how to proceed. If there is an easier way to automate the test script to run other than CMD then please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t see what is the problem. This is the normal behaviour when running test suites from CMD.

You can run the tests from the GUI Katalon interface by clicking on the run button.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Hi Mate,

I was expecting the test to run in a visible way (the same as executing through the GUI in Katalon).

Is there a way to automate a test script running in a visual way so that someone can see the individual actions (click here, type this etc.) happening?

Thanks,
Chris

I was unable to reproduce your problem. I’ve just run a test suite from CMD with -browserType=Chrome and it new browser window was open and tests run fine.

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/console-mode-execution.html#katalon-command-line-options

-runMode=console Enable console mode. Y

that parameter does exactly what it’s saying. running the test in CLI only

I have resolved the issue.

This is the code that Katalon generated:

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath=“C:\Users\Bruce2\Katalon Studio\YPO LIVE\YPO LIVE.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/YPO” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome”

I removed the " symbol around Chrome at the end and this worked exactly how I need it to.

Thankyou for your responses.