Is there a possibility to change default ‘Run’ browser?

I want to use Chrome as default (not Firefox), but every time I have to list all the browsers and choose Chrome instead of just click ‘Run’.

I think version 5.1 has this config:

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Version+5.1

hi you can change the default browser
go to katalon tool >>window >>katalon studio preferences>>katalon>> execution>> default Execution >> select Chrome and click apply
so now your default browser is Chrome

Development said:

hi you can change the default browser

go to katalon tool >>window >>katalon studio preferences>>katalon>> execution>> default Execution >> select Chrome and click apply

so now your default browser is Chrome

Hello Development I am on Katalon Studio version 5.3 and there is no ‘Execution’ option from:
Window >> Katalon Studio Preferences >> Katalon >> ???. Please see my screenshot.

I would still like to use Chrome as the default (not Firefox)

Katalon Studio Preferences.PNG

Hi Iain,

Check the Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > General > Web Browser.

Vyacheslav,

Thanks for the response. I have found Web Browser. Are you stating that if I check the Chrome checkbox, then this will become the default browser?

Regards,
Iain

Katalon_Web_Browser_Settings.PNG

This use to be under project, settings, default. Why was this removed? Changing window, general, web browser does not change the default run.

Can’t edit my own post…well that is fun…anyway I found out that if you select chrome from the drop down for run it will change to chrome for default browser.

Hi there,

Our next version 5.4 will bring back default settings for ‘Run’ browser. First of all we are so sorry for this change in current version because we think users tend to make a browser as default based on its previous selected option. Thanks for your feedbacks and sorry for this again.

Regards

1 Like