Inconsistency between Katalon studio and Katalon in jenkins

After some days trying to understand why I wasn’t able to execute the same test suite in jenkins (KRE) only with this error: “Unable to execute test suite XXXXX”, I finally verify that Katalon studio isn’t case sensitive but Katalon in jenkins is case sensitive.
So my problem was that somewhere in the past after renaming folders, example: Authentication to authentication, the respective folder in Test Case folder remains as “Authentication”. In Katalon Studio that wasn’t a problem and the test suite runs successfully. But with jenkins i was always getting this error.

This is not a katalon version problem because i already tested with the last stable version (8.1.0). This is something that it’s necessary to fix quickly to avoid wasted time with unnecessary problems.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ve seen this happen between KS and the KRE. KS behaves like a Windows application. KRE like a Java app running on *nix.

Hi @eduardo.borrego,

Thank you for your attention.
We tried to reproduce the issue by renaming the folders on Katalon Studio 8.1.0 but it works fine.
May I ask do you use Katalon Studio for renaming or the renaming feature on your OS?
By the way, which OS are you using now?

Best regards,
Nam Nguyen.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.