I’ve made a sample project demonstrating the ability to use Python with Katalon Studio. There were some requests for adding Python support to Katalon Studio - I hope this sample will help.
- Install Python (I’m using Python 2.7).
- Under the python directory, execute
pip install -r requirements.txtto install Python dependencies.
- Execute Test Suite
How it works?
- Test Cases are still written in Groovy using built-in and custom keywords.
- Custom keywords make use of the
PythonKeywords#runPython(runPython(String script, Object keywordArgs)to delegate the implementation to Python scripts in
- The Python WebDriver instance is retrieved using
driver = utils.get_driver(allArgs). This instance connects to the Selenium session initialized by Katalon Studio. It will enable mixing Python-based keywords with Groovy-based ones. Also, the capabilities will still be managed by Katalon Studio.
- Reports, listeners, and integration will behave as usual.