How to test Web App on Mobile Browsers on Jenkins?

We run tests for our Web App on Jenkins (with Katalon plugin) and get nice Katalon reports with screnshots and videorecordings. We’d like to do the same on Mobile Browsers (on Android and iOS). By “the same” I mean being able to run our tests on Jenkis and get Katalon reports with screnshots and videorecordings.

Can you please advise
whether or not it can be done?
if YES, how can it be done?
if yes, what is the best way to do it?

if NO, what else can be done to test Web App on Mobile Browsers on Jenkins?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. From reading, for example, Testing Web App on Mobile Browsers in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs and Generate screen-based videos in Katalon Studio reports | Katalon Docs, I cannot see whether or not it’s possible to have Katalon reports with screnshots and videorecordings while running tests on Mobile Browsers.

I apologize for putting the same questions under both “integration” and “mobile-testing”. I did it because we really need to have them answered to make our desicion about Katalon.

Hi @gdearest07 ,

You can refer to this document to find how to run web app on mobile browser with Katalon. Katalon supports test screenshot in Mobile (reference) but has not yet done with video recordings (reference).

Hope this can help you. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Elly_Tran . Now I know that Katalon doesn’t support video recordings in Mobile. Can you, please, answer the other questions?

We’d like to run tests for our Web App on Mobile Browsers (on Android and iOS) and get nice Katalon reports with screnshots on JENKINS

Can you please advise
whether or not it can be done?
if YES, how can it be done?
if yes, what is the best way to do it?

if NO, what else can be done to test Web App on Mobile Browsers on Jenkins?

Thanks again!

Hi @vu.tran ,

As for How to inregrate testing Web App on Mobile Browsers with Jenkins? - #2 by vu.tran

, I totally understand why you closed 1 of the threads. I’m just not sure why you choose to close the thread in Integration. You see, my questions are mainly about INTEGRATION. Our main objective is to be able to run tests for our Web App on Mobile Browsers (on Android and iOS) and get nice Katalon reports with screnshots on JENKINS, not just locally. And that’s why we woud like to know, for example,

1. whether or not it can be done with Katalon Plugin?

2. whether or not it can be done with Docker?

3. if that can be done with Docker, what exactly should be in the image

4. if 1,2,3 cannot be done, can it be done with some mobile cloud provider(s)?

5. if it can be do with some mobile cloud providers, can you please suggest which provider(s) should be used?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @gdearest07,

Thank you for your response and sorry if my action confused your asking intention. I got your questions and we will get back to you soon.

Best,

1 Like

Hi,

I now understand your 2 questions:

1. How to integrate with Jenkins to test Web App on Mobile Browser?
  1. How to view test reports with screenshot in Jenkins?

Thank you!

1 Like

@Elly_Tran , thank you for your reply and sharing your knowledge. The point of my questions is just to find out whether it’s possible to run tests for our Web App on Mobile Browsers (on Android and iOS) and get nice Katalon reports with screnshots on JENKINS , not just locally. We were hoping on very clear answer (like YES or NO). We wouldn’t like to be in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn’t there. If it’s not possible to integrate Katalon with Jenkins for testing on mobile devices, why cannot Katalon just say so?

Hi, @vu.tran. I’m going to ask very simple questions about this in INTEGRATION. Can you please not close those thereads (at least till we get them answered)? Thanks.

Hi @gdearest07.

Yes thank you for your confirmation, I just open it again. How to inregrate testing Web App on Mobile Browsers with Jenkins?

1 Like

How can I test the Royal WA app with the mobile browser…?

@delmer.leviathan are you trying to post a spam message?