How to stop capturing screenshot for Warning steps

I have many steps in my test with step failure handling as “FailureHandling.OPTIONAL” and it throws warning when failed. But, it still captures a screenshot. Is there a way to stop capturing screenshot for Warnings ?
Capture only when step fails.

Team, is it possible to stop capturing screenshots for warning steps?

Hello Katalon Development Team,

I was looking for disabling screen capture for warning steps and still there is no answer. And now, in the latest releases, the test report includes failure log for the warning steps. Please share if there is any option to disable the logs and screenshot for WARNING steps.

Thanks

@devalex88 @kazurayam Could you address this issue…!

Was this working in a earlier version? i cant remember it ever being a thing. If im honest i dont see the problem with it. If you use the html report it still marks the step as a pass, you only notice it if you open up that step. Is there a reason you want this feature? maybe we can think of a workaround for now.

I believe the behavior is same in the earlier versions as well. But, my question is, tool has option to “Take screenshot when execution failed”. But, it still takes screenshots for warning steps.

The problem is: My tests runs in Jenkins-Docker. An email will be triggered on failure of the test by attaching html file. The email servers doesn’t allow to attach if the file size is more than 25MB and user will not receive any email. As a work around, we are compressing the html file before email trigger.
But, day by day we are adding more tests to the suite and the html size keeps on increasing. My test report file size is >125MB.

Test report size can be reduced if we have an option to disable capturing screenshot for Warning steps.

Ahh okay i understand. I do agree that it can be unecessary data taken up by screenshots you dont need to see. Im sure one of the devs will see this and mark it as an improvement for the product. Thanks for your recommendation :slight_smile:

Unnecessary logs in the test report.

Hi @duyluong … Could you review and consider this request for next releases !

@Lakshminarayana_D,

We will consider about this case. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks