How to run linux/unix commands in katalon - restart server , fetch logs update files?

Hi. How to run linux/unix commands for server testing in Katalon?
I need update files in linux server, restart the server , fetch logs and etc…

The test executed from my Windows pc on remote unix server.

i think what you really need is ansible, not katalon, for such voodoo …

https://docs.ansible.com/

Does it support DB queries as well?

p.s I like Katalon for Front end and API testing so linux control is missing to me :frowning: .

you may be confused. katalon is about automating functional testing, not for servers orchestration
it can run, indeed, on Mac, Windows or Linux. and can do db queries as well
but how to actually handle the run of the katalon tests on different servers/arhitectures is the job for a devop

1 Like

On of the steps in my automation tests is editing application configuration (text file) in unix server and restart it

On of the steps in my automation tests is editing application configuration (text file) in unix server and restart it

I understand this, but this is not the scope of Katalon.

In order to do this you have to use a dedicated tool for administrative tasks.
A CI (jenkins, travis etc) or Ansible playbooks … or just some scripts triggered remotely … feel free to choose.

After you have all pieces, put them together in a ‘pipeline’

The Katalon test cases can be developed in any GUI machine (windows, mac … and one day perhaps linux), pushed to a source control (Git) server, and from the CI tool you trigger the pipeline:

• whatever has to run before
  • grab the files from Git
  • run the test on the remote server (using docker image or just a pre-instaled CLI katalon)
  • publish reports
  • whatever has to run after
1 Like