How to disable editor script to auto formatting

Annoyances are one thing, but this now regularly breaking my code and I’ve already set the script window as the default.

I’m doing soap web service test cases and traversing the xml using find with closures, similar to:

String code = parsed.depthFirst().find{it.@name == 'UNIQUE_NAME'}.text()

Pretty straight forward.

I don’t ever use the manual window with these. But I do routinely add web service objects via the Plus Icon and “Add to existing test case”.

Then, when its added and I’m transferred back to the test case it has changed that line to this:

String code = parsed.depthFirst().find({ 
         == 'UNIQUE_NAME'
    }).text()

COMPLETELY BREAKING IT. This is not ‘reformatting’-- it’s deleting code!

I have tons of these and I don’t have them all memorized. I don’t always see it and it becomes a problem to rewrite it if I didn’t think to copy it out first.

I can’t even think of all the untold hours I’ve wasted on this.

Guys, this is a bug-- serious bug. No formatting should DELETE code. Please consider bumping this up in the list of priorities.

Thanks!

@just-passin-thru

Do you mean “Plus icon and Add to existing test case” as this?

I agree it would be a bug.

But I am afraid Katalon team would not read your post above, so they would not notice it. Katalon team once wrote that they are not committed to read this “User forum”. See

as @Jass wrote:

the forum support is voluntary and pretty much relies on our community users to help each other. There is no a specific person in the Katalon team to be accountable for providing support on Forum. As a KSE and KRE user, you can support a Zendesk ticket for better support as we have dedicated people there.

@just-passin-thru

Do you have a paid license of KSE or KRE? If so you should submit a request for support at

You should no longer use the “Plus icon > Add to existing test case”.

Alternative operation is possible. You want to:

1. save the new web service object
  2. open the existing test cases script in the Test Case Editor in Script mode; then you want to manually add a line:
WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('your_new_web_service_object'))

Editing the test case script manually in Script mode would not break your code, of course.

You are done. This would result in the same as “Add to existing test case”. I think that “Add to existing test case” does very little thing.

I suppose, you don’t really need the “Add to existing test case” feature, do you?

Hi, any update on this?