How to check reference for my keyword

I have ever developed a solution named “TestObject Usage Report”

This solution provides a reverse lookup from TestObject to TestCase. You are supposed to

1. create a TestSuite “runAllTestCases” that calls all of your Test Cases
  2. create a Test Listener that call my Plugin’s API
  3. you run the TestSuite
  4. my Plugin monitors test cases calling test objects; records the reference in memory
  5. finally the plugin prints the information into text files. In there you can find information which test objects are called by which test cases.

I can imagine that the programming technique of “TestObject Usage Report” can generate a reverse lookup from Keyword method to Test Case. That would be a solution for the “How to check reference for my keyword” question.

====

But I am not going to develop it. Because, I am sure, that development would not satisfy people at all. Surely they would expect a list of Test Case names is presented by a very short action on the Keyword Editor: e.g, right click on the keyword method source. They wouldn’t do any more hustle.

====

Practically I do not need this reverse lookup feature. I would just remove (or comment out) the keyword method in question; and run a Test Suite “runAllTestCases” to check. If the test fails, I would know the keyword is used (so I would restore the keyword source). If the test passes, I would know the keyword is not used. This poor method is enough for me.