How to change the resolution of the Generic pnp monitor on windows?

I use ssh to execute Katalon tests remotely by console mode, and the Katalon is on a windows desktop, which uses the Generic pnp monitor by default.

The problem is the resolution of the Generic pnp monitor is too low (1024x768) , which is not enough to hold a browser for normal use, so many web elements are out of visible area and the tests can’t run normally. Since the resolution of monitor is too low, it will not work if I set the browser window-size larger than 1024x768.

We need at least 1920x1080 resolution to run tests correctly.

Is there a way to change the resolution of Generic pnp monitor. to 1920x1080? Or are there other ways to solve the problem?

Snip20180108_105.png

Why do you move this issue? I think it is important for deploying with katalon

Andy Zhang said:

I use ssh to execute Katalon tests remotely by console mode, and the Katalon is on a windows desktop, which uses the Generic pnp monitor by default.

The problem is the resolution of the Generic pnp monitor is too low (1024x768) , which is not enough to hold a browser for normal use, so many web elements are out of visible area and the tests can’t run normally. Since the resolution of monitor is too low, it will not work if I set the browser window-size larger than 1024x768.

We need at least 1920x1080 resolution to run tests correctly.

Is there a way to change the resolution of Generic pnp monitor. to 1920x1080? Or are there other ways to solve the problem?

Hi Andy,

In this case, you can warp a new custom keyword to combine both ‘Click’ and ‘Scroll To Element’ and use that instead. Currently Katalon Studio does support any way to change resolution within it, so it is not possible to do this.

The mentioned custom keyword can be like this:

@Keyword
def scrollAndClick(TestObject to, int time@keyur {
WebUI.scrollToElement(to, timeout)
WebUI.click(to)
}

Hi, if your device manager shows the generic pnp monitor or generic non-pnp monitor, it means the monitor driver is not installad correctly.

Try to unplug your monitor and re-plug it again to see if it solved.

You can right-click the generic non-pnp monitor > update driver to update it.

Or if this cannot help, you can try to right-click the generic non-pnp monitor > uninstall device to uninstall it at first, and then go to the monitor official site to download its driver and install it manually.

If this cannot solve your problem, try to install within a compatible way. Right-click the generic non-pnp monitor > update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > check show compatible hardware and install it. Here is the detail: https://windows10skill.com/fix-generic-pnp-monitor-issue-on-windows-10/