How to automate the execution of Katalon studio test cases using IE mode in Edge from azure pipelines?

I want to setup an azure pipeline to execute katalon studio test cases using IE mode in Edge. I installed “Execute Katalon Studio Tests” extension, but not sure with the arguments. Can you let me know what argumnents should I paas so that test cases are executed on edge browser using IE mode?

Hi @hitika.ailani ,
To run any Test Case in IE mode for Edge browser. You just need to set the below mentioned capabilities-

System.setProperty(“webdriver.ie.driver”, DriverFactory.getIEDriverPath());
InternetExplorerOptions edgeIe11Options = new InternetExplorerOptions();
Map<String, Object> ops = (Map<String, Object>) edgeIe11Options.getCapability(“se:ieOptions”);
ops.put(“ie.edgechromium”, true);
ops.put(“ie.edgepath”, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe”);
edgeIe11Options.setCapability(“ignoreProtectedModeSettings”, true);
edgeIe11Options.setCapability(“ignoreZoomSetting”, true);
WebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(edgeIe11Options);
driver.get(url)
DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)

For more details please refer to-Execute test in Internet Explorer (IE) mode in Microsoft Edge | Katalon Docs

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards
Katalon

1 Like

I want the configuration for Azure Pipeline setup, from code side I have already mentioned the details for IE mode. Can you let me know how to use “Execute Katalon Studio Tests” extension in azure devops and setup the pipeline? @mohit.kumar

Hi @hitika.ailani ,

I have found a documentation on Katalon Docs that might help, see Azure DevOps Extension | Katalon Docs.

Hi @albert.vu I have gone through the Docs, but I need to run the test cases using IE mode in Edge from azure pipelines. I am not finding anything particular to this into these Docs.