groovy.lang.MissingMethodException no signature of method

getting an error when running automation script

Exception Description

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException no signature of method

Hi Sir,

This issue is resolved, actually, I have a write the script in a Sample Web Testing Project due to this exception come but when I create a new project and write the same script it working fine.

I have this issue. When I run the script on Jenkins I get this error. I am trying to perform Clear Text.

“No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.clearText()”

See the full error below:

2018-04-23 12:21:53 - [TEST_CASE][ERROR] - Test Cases/Edit Profile/Edit Profile – Successful: Test Cases/Edit Profile/Edit Profile – Successful FAILED because (of) groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.clearText() is applicable for argument types: (com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling) values: [TestObject - ‘Object Repository/Profile_EditFirstName/input_firstname’, …]
Possible solutions: getText(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), getText(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject), setText(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, java.lang.String), setText(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, java.lang.String, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling)

Please I need help from anyone that has a solution pls.

1 Like

I also have this error - I have ‘retry=1’ set for Jenkins and the same test will be run back to back - the first will fail because the method is missing and the second will pass. Any help would be welcome.

I am getting the same error. It says:
click(findTestObject(“Page_The Bank of New York/input__btnDate3”), findTestData(“Evaluation Date”).getValue(“Eval Date”, 1), false) FAILED.
Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click() is applicable for argument types: (com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean) values: [TestObject - ‘Object Repository/Page_The Bank of New York/input__btnDate3’, …]
Possible solutions: click(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject), click(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), back(), check(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject), check(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), wait()
at Missing Prices.run(Missing Prices:32)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:331)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:322)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:301)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:293)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:227)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1558358629916.run(TempTestCase1558358629916.groovy:21)

Can someone help?