Getting "No signature of method" Exception while calling Custom Keyword

Here I am trying to create a Custom keyword and passing TestObject as Parameter and with integer Return type:

public class GetEText {    @Keyword    public int getErrorText(TestObject oname)    {        String lname = WebUI.getText(findTestObject(oname));        System.out.println(lname);        int noText = Integer.valueOf(lname);        System.out.println(noText );        return noText     }}

Here i calling the above Keyword from the test case:

int totcText = CustomKeywords.'Katalon.GetEText.getErrorText'(findTestObject('Katalon/label'))

While executing this code i got the below error:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method:

Possible solutions: findTestObject(java.lang.String), findTestObject(java.lang.String, java.util.Map)

Please share if you have any idea about resolving this Exception, Thanks.

any update on this issue? same issue facing here

I too am facing this issue when calling the keyword like :

import utils.helper.webUIHelper

webUIHelper.test(‘testdata’)

any ideas?

I am also facing this same issue. Created a custom keyword and trying to pass in findTestObject(). Getting exact error as above. Can someone please give us some guidance?

The way the original method is written, it is expecting a TestObject. Then it tries to findTestObject on that Test Object – it’s already been found and is already a TestObject.

Choose whether you’re going to pass a string to the method and use findTestObject in the method…

Or,

Pass a TestObject to the method and deal with it directly.