Got a meme worth sharing? Drop 'em here!

that would be me on a Friday/Saturday night, yes :woozy_face:

I think there are some applications / use cases where the more RAM, the better (editing 8K videos or running multiple virtual machines maybe). 16GB now is enough for most people for a wide variety of tasks. I think imma go with 32GB for my next machine since games nowadays are rather demanding :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

since you revelead you are a gamer, don’t lie.
let us count also the memory and cpu power used by your video card…
at the time when bill, linus and other ppl started to develop OS’s such did’nt exist but today yes, and are heavily abused

1 Like

The first AI to realize it’s being Turing-tested, will very probably fail the test.

DELIBERATELY

:scream:

1 Like

This is giving me Ex Machina vibe not gonna lie :laughing:

1 Like

I believe this deserves a topic of its own. I will create one :+1:

Edit: here’s the link to the other topic

1 Like

Got another one for y’all

Not a tester myself so I do not really understand why developers see QA/testers as such beasts. Can anyone explain? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pretty accurate.
Now let’s explain:
Most of the people tend to think a QA engineer is just a trained monkey (or a puppy waiting for a cookie) using a mouse, doing various clicks here and there.
Unfortunatelly, this is somehow true, I know some skilled QA engineers still sticking with their comfort zone, e.g manual testing.
To be noticed, this is not something to be ignored, a skilled manual tester can do more ‘damage’ to a certain release milestone during exploratory testing by finding unexpected behaviours not catched by unittesting or by automated functional / integration tests.
The sky is the limit, it’s about the fantasy of the tester (and the patience … and how motivated is, by salary and so on).

In addition of that we hava AQA. Which means (skilled) testers already familiar with manual testing, but having also knowledge about coding and bored about doing repetitive tasks.
And … depend from case to case … usually testers are by far more curious than devs, by the nature of the job, when exploring certain code.
And some of them may know more coding languages than a single amazing developper may be familiar with (perhaps not at the same level, but still… )

And, in the end, QA has the final word to say if a certain product is ready to release or not.
(actually not true in real world, product managers may override that … but those are unhappy stories)
They (QA guys) should validate the job of developpers so everybody get paid.
But developpers may see this as harassment sometime.

Got it?

2 Likes

QA engineers are always hungry.

1 Like

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

and the tester order a lizzard

1 Like

through and through sir!

This reminds me of the relationship between a client and a designer. Whereas the designer sees the client as having money but not taste, the client sees the designer as - like what you said - a trained monkey waiting for the budget to be able to start making stuff following their “brief” a.k.a. commands.

And of course, the one who gets the final say on whether a design is good enough for production is always the clients since they got the money :moneybag:

1 Like

This meme just flew over my head. Some explanation would be greatly appreciated. :pray:

1 Like

Look at the fingers and think binary :wink:

1 Like

Fresh from the Facebook page which I stole got this meme from :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

A cautionary meme regarding recents announcements…

FB_IMG_1683800490243

2 Likes

Reminded me of a time when I paypaled a guy on Reddit about $60 for a DAC/AMP using the option “Friends & Family” instead of “Goods & Services”, only to find out that he appeared on the Universal scammer list afterward :face_holding_back_tears: :weary:

1 Like

truly an age-old question

FB_IMG_1685115176846

2 Likes

1 Like