This is part one of our Git Error Code series, you can access the other part below:
- Git Error Codes - Definitions & Solutions (Part 1) → We’re here
- Git Error Codes - Definitions & Solutions (Part 2)
- Git Error Codes - Definitions & Solutions (Part 3)
- Git Error Codes - Definitions & Solutions (Part 4)
The error codes in this topic include:
Hi Community members!
From time to time, we get questions from other members about Git issues with many error codes. And having to Google them or search for solutions throughout our community can be quite a hassle. Hence, with this topic, we will be summarizing some of the most common Git Error Code that our users face when using Katalon Platform.
See also: Testing for newbies
We’ll start with the first error code:
pre-receive hook declined and update this thread with new error code for each day.
pre-receive hook declined
The git “pre-receive hook declined” points out that the pre-receive hook rejected your commit.
In most cases, this error happens because the developer lacks permission to push to a specific branch
- Need to ask the administrator of the repository to permit you to push to this branch.
- Mark the master branch as unprotected (in settings > protected branches)
If you know a solution to any other error code, feel free to contribute to this thread by following the template below:
Your error code here & image if possible.
What the error code means.
What may have caused the error to happen.
Feel free to add images, links, videos, or gifs to demonstrate your solutions or workaround to the error code.