Get Alert Text not matching

I am attempting to verify that I have pulled the right name for a deletion. I use GetAlertText to grab the text with the name out of the Alert (as you can see below) then put it in a variable and use Verify Match to measure it against the expected text. As you can see in the console logs below the text of the actual and expected appear identical but I am still receiving an error. Any advice?

2020-03-31 09:03:52.275 DEBUG testcase.deletePartner - 5: checkAlert = getAlertText()
2020-03-31 09:03:52.302 DEBUG testcase.deletePartner - 6: println(checkAlert)
Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?
2020-03-31 09:03:52.307 DEBUG testcase.deletePartner - 7: verifyMatch(checkAlert, “Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?”, true)
2020-03-31 09:03:52.329 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Unable to verify match between actual text ‘Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?’ and expected text ‘Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?’ using regular expression (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Actual text ‘Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?’ and expected text ‘Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?’ are not matched using regular expression

The HTML for this section is:

(<)a href=“javascript:decision(‘Are you sure you want to delete this QAtestz?’,‘get_module.php?module=account_management&submodule=deletereseller&reseller=209’);” title=“Delete Partner”>
(<)img src=“…/images/crystal_project/24x24/actions/cnrdelete-all1.png” alt=“Delete Partner”>
Note: I added the (<) so this HTML block could be read without converting to a link

You probably want to escape that text if using regex. The ? might need to be \?

Options:

1. Chop off the last character, then do the comparison.
  2. Pass the string through an escape function.

#1 is easiest. #2 is more robust.

Use back-ticks <a href="something">

back-tick: backward facing single-quote character which appears on the key to the left of the 1 key on a standard US qwerty keyboard.