Generating Data Files dynamically

Hi,

I have the following simple test. On my computer I have a list of 50 excel files, each is the expected value of a different table in my database. I must run 50 different queries to confirm these tables are actually correct in the database.

My original plan was to create 100 Data Files. First, 50 would of the would be Excel and take data from the Excel files. The other 50 would be a Database type and would have a unique SQL script. I would then compare the 50 sets of Excel-Database Data Files.

But I would prefer the following: I will have only 2 data files, one Excel and of Database type. I will have 50 tests. In each time the Excel data file reads a different Excel spreadsheet from my computer and a different query is pushed into the Database data file. I then compare the 2 data files. I next repeat with the next set, and so on.

But I can find no documentation and forum posts on how one can dynamically generate data files from inside the Script mode.

Thank you.

1 Like

This type of request is going trendy, and the following feature may suits your needs. If you think it does, you may upvote it for Katalon guys to add it in a further release :

This type of request is going trendy, and the following feature may suits your needs. If you think it does, you may upvote it for Katalon guys to add it in a further release :