File Uploads through Excel sheet

Hey everyone !

Is it possible to automatically upload files with an Excel sheet? I use an Excel sheet with data for ALL of my other test. I am trying to make it as basic and simple as possible. I want to upload images through an Excel sheet. I really need some help with this, have been struggling with it for over a week.

Did any of you ever try to do this? And if so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

put your images in a folder alongside the excel sheet (or whatever location you want).
add a column in your excel where you provide the path to the files
use data binding to use your excel file as a data source for your testcase
from the testcase, upload the file at the path read from the excel to the target.

easy as that!

:shrimp:

Thank you so much! Should have been more obvious for me. Do you think I can “shorten” the path. So instead of C:/users/blablablabla/test_image.jpg

I could just have test_image.jpg instead of the full path, I can understand if this is not possible. Thanks for your tip anyway! :smiley:

provided all images are located in the same folder, yeah, you can just pass the path hardcoded in the script (or grab it from a local/global variable) and append to it the image name read from excel file

Thanks dude, you’re a lifesaver. :shrimp: