Failed to set text into element

I am trying to set input text to this selector. Its giving me error.

The line of code looks like this: Mobile.setText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Android Sanity/QuikPay/expiryDate’), ‘December-2025’, GlobalVariable.TIMEOUT_SHORT)

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 4.36.39 PM.png

Are you sure it is possible to input text manually? It doesn’t seem like a text input to me, more like a scroll up-down thingy. Of course, it is hard to tell without the app code.

Yes it is a input text field. This is the object. Please see the expiry date field.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.37.07 PM.png

@Mate Mrse see if this is helpful

What is the error message you receive?

@Vinh Nguyen This is the error message:

Failed to set text into element (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.StaleElementReferenceException: android.support.test.uiautomator.StaleObjectException

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 3.27.27 PM.png

I rectified the issue. After calling tap method i am setting text of month and year now. My issue has been resolved. Thanks guys for your inputs.

@Ananth_raghav
May I know how did you resolved this issue?
I tried to call tap method first and then set the text but still no luck, anyone can help?
Thank you so much.

@blezel_tajor

You are missing timeout parameter for set text keyword. Please visit this document for more details: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/mobile-set-text.html#description

Mobile.setText(findTestObject('Application/Graphics/android.widget.TextView - Xfermodes'),'Your text here', 10)