Exporting Test Cases and Test Suites

+1 for adding the ability to export test cases into a user’s programming language and test
framework of choice. e.g. “Java / JUnit / WebDriver” or “C# / NUnit /
WebDriver” from within Katalon Studio.

+1 for export functionality

+1 for export functionality. Any news would be appreciated.

+1 for export functionality

Id like to export to the recorder from the studio +1

+1 for adding the ability to export test cases into a user’s programming language and test framework of choice. e.g. “Java / JUnit / WebDriver” or “C# / NUnit / WebDriver” from within Katalon Studio.

+1. I want to create test suites with Katalon Studio and import them into AlertSite UXM, but this only accepts JAR files.

+1 I also need to export test scripts to ‘Test Pad’ in order to reuse the test cases for manual human functional testing of a user interface.

Katalon Studio is a very fast method of capturing the user interaction of any UI and therefore can be useful to capture and export each step for use within manual (human) test scripts, when required.

I have an automation test case in Katalon Studio that I would like to share with a developer to help them enter data automatically…how can I share a test case with them? Or can I create a shared instance of Katalon that they can then connect to and utilize the tests I’ve already created? Thanks in advance!

+1 for export functionality from me too! If one wants to integrate UI tests in an automated build process, one should have them as scripts for some automate-able Framework (Selenium). Or could I use Katalon in an automated build process and how?

How do I migrate Katalon Studio Project for PC “A” to PC “B”?

Issue:
Cannot run Test Cases/Test Suites on PC “B” that were created in Katalon Studio v5.4.1 PC “A”…

Console Error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 1013760KB object heap

Reducing Max Heap Size causes Test Cases/Test Suites to hang or run extremely slowly - 30 seconds per step…

PC “B” Java Version

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\David>java -version

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\java_shared\classes

\jasmine.jar"

java version “1.8.0_144”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

PC “B” Katalon.ini File

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar

–launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.401.v20161122-1740

-data

config

-vmargs

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

David Edmondson said:

How do I migrate Katalon Studio Project for PC “A” to PC “B”?

Issue:
Cannot run Test Cases/Test Suites on PC “B” that were created in Katalon Studio v5.4.1 PC “A”…

Console Error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Reducing Max Heap Size causes Test Cases/Test Suites to hang or run extremely slowly - 30 seconds per step…

PC “B” Java Version

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\David>java -version

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\java_shared\classes

\jasmine.jar"

java version “1.8.0_144”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

PC “B” Katalon.ini File

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar

–launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.401.v20161122-1740

-data

config

-vmargs

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

Hi David,

This might cause the issue from the provided log:

We recommend increasing the Memory to 2GB. Let us know if the issue still exists.

Thank you for choosing Katalon,
Liam

Liam,

Your solution does not make sense…

The issue with the 32 bit version cannot be resolved with increasing the -Xmx1024 value…

If 1024 fails, then any number larger than 1024 will also fail!

The only solution was to install the 64 bit version Katalon Studio 5.4.1 contained in the Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1.zip…

Hi all,

This is not a topic to discuss ISSUES or BUGs related to Katalon Studio. Since the original context of this discussion is ‘Export Test Cases/ Suites’, and this category is about request a new feature, so if you have any issues related to Katalon Studio, then please post it here: https://forum.katalon.com/categories/katalon-studio

By the way, there are some workaround solutions here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4401396/could-not-reserve-enough-space-for-object-heap?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa, so basically you need to edit -Xmx value in katalon.ini file

+1 for export functionality. Need the ability to export test cases into Selenium for Java / JUnit / WebDriver.

Any word if this will be added to the Road Map?

Liam B said:

Ian,

We just posted tutorials on working with Katalon Automation Recorder. Please take a look

[Import recorded Test Case into Katalon Automation Recorder

](https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4175/import-recorded-test-case-into-katalon-automation-recorder#latest “Import recorded Test Case into Katalon Automation Recorder”)

[How to import Selenium IDE test cases into Katalon Studio

](https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4220/how-to-import-selenium-ide-test-cases-into-katalon-studio#latest “How to import Selenium IDE test cases into Katalon Studio”)

Let us know if you have other questions.

Also, thank you Mark for helping out :slight_smile:

Liam

I would like to clarify further on this. Can we export Katalon test cases to Selenium IDE?

Anik Gupta said:

Liam B said:

Ian,

We just posted tutorials on working with Katalon Automation Recorder. Please take a look

[Import recorded Test Case into Katalon Automation Recorder

](https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4175/import-recorded-test-case-into-katalon-automation-recorder#latest “Import recorded Test Case into Katalon Automation Recorder”)

[How to import Selenium IDE test cases into Katalon Studio

](https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4220/how-to-import-selenium-ide-test-cases-into-katalon-studio#latest “How to import Selenium IDE test cases into Katalon Studio”)

Let us know if you have other questions.

Also, thank you Mark for helping out :slight_smile:

Liam

I would like to clarify further on this. Can we export Katalon test cases to Selenium IDE?

Hi Anik,

Katalon Recorder doesn’t support exporting test cases to Selenium IDE. What are you trying to achieve that Katalon Recorder couldn’t do?

Thank you for using Katalon products,
Liam

+1 for export to C# selenium script, similar to the Katalon Recorder chrome extension

Hello @Liam B

I vote +1 to have an ability to export from the studio.
The application is simple and is not supported by the recorder - Create fast and reliable page object model in the Web UI projects and port it to the studio that is used in a specific organization. It will be very useful cause creating it manually every time is a pain.
And the studio has such a great option as a selection of only those elements that will be used further during the automation.

I’m using Katalon only for myself and can’t introduce it to the organization I’m related to because there is already well-established workflows and tools and I’m just the beginner in automation scripting.

Thanks for your attention!
WBR, Vladislav