Exporting Test Cases and Test Suites

+1 Support to have the export functionality. This is especially important when we are testing in the device cloud. With the export functionality to ie. Selenium IDE, Appium etc…, the test script will be able to expand the support in different type of devices cloud. Look forward to have this function soon.

2 Likes

Why is this happening that Test cases created runs properly but when test suite or test suite collection is made, it fails at some point while executing. I don’t know the reason.

Can anyone explain??

There are a ton of requests for adding the export functionality that exists in the Recorder to the Studio. Moderator keeps saying it will be considered… This suite looks great, except we need to have non-programmers record scripts, then have them used by devops/devs to integrate into the CI/CD pipeline as regression tests (webdriver).
any update or ETA?

1 Like

Hi,

I can understand now why people is requesting an export utility. It is not only that I cannot export the test, I cannot even export the project. This is ok for a development environment, but it is not suitable for a production environment, where you need to have the code in a version control tool, the tests in a continuous integration server and simply run the executables. The servers are linux, unix…And you develop the scripts in windows willing to export them to those servers. I don’t know how to handle these cases. Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

yolanda moya said:

Hi,

I can understand now why people is requesting an export utility. It is not only that I cannot export the test, I cannot even export the project. This is ok for a development environment, but it is not suitable for a production environment, where you need to have the code in a version control tool, the tests in a continuous integration server and simply run the executables. The servers are linux, unix…And you develop the scripts in windows willing to export them to those servers. I don’t know how to handle these cases. Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

What’s the problem if servers are running in linux and test cases development is done in windows?
Push the project on your Git, then onto the CI server just properly configure the running task: grab the sources, execute Katalon (dockerized or standalone instalation) with right parametters > publish report.

Ibus said:

yolanda moya said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

What’s the problem if servers are running in linux and test cases development is done in windows?
Push the project on your Git, then onto the CI server just properly configure the running task: grab the sources, execute Katalon (dockerized or standalone instalation) with right parametters > publish report.

Hi,

It is not the answer I expected, but it is a good workaround.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,
This thread is tagged as Solved, but I don’t think the answer provided suits the need…
And still no plan for export functionality?

@Boris_Faitout you have to understand that, katalon test-cases are not stand-alone runable scripts/binaries.

In fact, a katalon test-case is just an xml file pointing to a groovy script which has a name built dynamically at the moment of creation.

In addition to that, all scripts are dependent of the specific katalon libs and dependencies in order to run as expected.

All of those can be found in the project structure, see the ‘Test Cases’ folder and the ‘Scripts’ folder (explore them from the OS file manager, not only from katalon)

So … what to export? just copy-paste the files (or content) needed, push to git, grab from git, adapt as needed … in other words, just share the project with your colleagues (or parts of it)

1 Like

Could the Katalon Studio recorder not have the same functionality as that of the Katalon Recorder to export the various information. Storing this original raw file with the project.

I know that doesn’t allow for changes with any editing that I make in Katalon Studio to the original file from the recording. I use Katalon Studio for my initial testing and then use another IDE to break down some of the tests. I don’t worry about having to edit the original export for the IDE because using the KS initially lets me know what I want to change. Although I would prefer to work just within Katalon Studio rather than a Chrome Extension.

2 Likes