Executions running indefinitely in TestOps Dashboard (403 error when uploading report)

We have a number of Test Suite collections being kicked off from an Azure Agent using Katalon Runtime, but we are seeing numerous instances of Executions that don’t complete - the status indicator in the TestOps dashboard spins indefinitely in status ‘running’.

I can see from the logs that all the tests are complete, and at the point of uploading the report to Katalon TestOps, this is the point of failure, typically with the following error:

Katalon TestOps: Unexpected response, URL: https://analytics.katalon.com/api/v1/katalon/test-reports/multiple?projectId=45754&batch=1582817377339, Status: 403, Response: <html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
</body>
</html>

System is unable to send report to Katalon TestOps. Reason: com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: <html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
</body>
</html>

It’s worth noting that some executions do complete successfully, where the above isn’t seen in the logs, so it’s not like it’s a firewall/proxy issue on our side (as far as we can tell) that results in 100% failure (it’s more like 75% failure I would estimate).

Also, the ‘Mark as Completed’ / ‘Re-import’ options on the dashboard don’t seem to do anything other than remove what little execution information is displayed (i.e. the P, F, E, I columns go to zero, and there are no ‘Results’ information when you click on the execution ID).

Please can Katalon staff investigate this, as it’s currently rendering our dashboard nearly unusable - thanks.

2 Likes

@kevin.mcandrew agreed we started to notice this issue about 10 hours ago, or 1 AM central standard time. Our last successful report upload to Katalon TestOps/Analytics was around 8 PM CST yesterday. Not sure if there was an update to API, but the 403 suggests an endpoint or header change on the API? I hope this gets resolved soon, as spinning executions are starting to pile up!

Can confirm that I’m experiencing the same behavior, tests that are complete spin indefinitely and marking those complete clears out the associated information

1 Like

I have also reported this over in Katalon Analytics.

Started to notice around 1 AM CST spinning report uploads. Checked our console output, the majority of these test suites are completing successfully, but fail to upload to Katalon TestOps/Analytics. We are receiving a 403-Forbidden status response ( 01:02:56 System is unable to send report to Katalon Analytics. Reason: com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception)

Below is the stacktrace

I saw this issue was reported within Katalon Studio, so wanted to maker sure it was reported in here as well.

01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:65)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportIntegration.uploadTestSuiteResult(AnalyticsReportIntegration.java:45)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.uploadReportToIntegratingProduct(ReportableLauncher.java:281)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:87)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:191)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)
01:02:56 at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)
01:02:56 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
01:02:56 [CIRCULAR REFERENCE:com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception:
1 Like

Hi! Did any of you figure out the issue with the 403 Forbidden error? I am unable to log into Katalon.com or forum.katalon.com on my machine as I get the 403 Forbidden error. But can access them from my phone. I was not able to log into Test ops initially but once I deleted cookies, I was able to login again and look my tests. I posted my question as a reply to an older post. So not sure if anyone will see it…
Unable to log in to Katalon Forum... getting 403 Forbidden error.

@mridula.palivela - :confused: Sorry, I am not sure your issue is related to this thread. This issue is about Katalon Studio reports being forbidden from uploading into Katalon TestOps/Analytics, either thru cmd or the IDE. Your issue appears to be more about your personal account having access to the Katalon.com site.

You may need to reach out directly to their support.

Yeah, I thought so too, but just following the thread to see if there is any solution provided that might be common. Thanks for responding though. I will remove my post on this thread.

1 Like

Same here =/

@mridula.palivela I was also having this issue whole day yesterday and it got fixed by itself today.

There is another issue today with forum as I can’t upload any screenshots.

I am also facing the same issue but I did had some success yesterday with reports getting uploaded basically for smaller suites.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Any update on this?

TestOps: Start uploading report to Katalon TestOps server: https://analytics.katalon.com
Katalon TestOps: Unexpected response, URL: https://analytics.katalon.com/api/v1/katalon/test-reports/multiple?projectId=39497&batch=1582833739092, Status: 403, Response:

403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden

System is unable to send report to Katalon TestOps

This morning it appears reports are starting to upload via cmd properly. Will continue to monitor.

@Jeffrey_Kemble Yes, things looking better here too, though I think I have see one case of ‘403’ within the last 12 hours (though not 100% sure).

Would be good to get official word on what’s been happening from Katalon devs, please?

1 Like

@manpreet.mukkar you are right! The issue resolved itself.
I am able to go to the sites, katalon.com and forum.katalon.com without issues this morning