Execution Custom capabilities - "Device Name" disappears

Hi.

Katalon version: 5.4.1
Device: Samsung Galaxy J7

I want to test a test case on different capabilities. The problem is that the position from the list “Device Name” disappears after clicking OK button.

In Project → Settings → Execution → Custom I have added a position with Driver Name Android and following capabilities:

After saving the settings the Device Name dissapears and Katalon throws an error:

Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The mobile device is missing. Please select the mobile device to be executed and try again.)

After saving the settings the Device Name position is clear:

The ‘deviceId’ is visible, because I tried to copy the values from:
‘projectname’\mPromak\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.android.properties

to:
‘projectname’\settings\external\execution\‘capabilitesname’\com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.android.properties

1.png

2.png

4 Likes

bump

Same issue with iOS (Simulators)

2 Likes

Same issue, any fix, I am using remote option for kobiton with deviceName set

They fixed this in 5.9.0. However, I still can’t run my tests, because I get the “java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The mobile device is missing. Please select the mobile device to be executed and try again.” error still. I have a bug ticket open for this as well, so hopefully they start to take this seriously.

If anyone gets it working, to run Android and WebUI (Chrome) Desktop tests together in the same test, please let me know what steps you took. I’ve tried many workarounds and the only thing that works is going straight to pure Selenium or Appium and creating our own objects rather than using Katalon’s built-in tools, which isn’t an acceptable approach.

Caleb Wood said:

They fixed this in 5.9.0. However, I still can’t run my tests, because I get the “java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The mobile device is missing. Please select the mobile device to be executed and try again.” error still. I have a bug ticket open for this as well, so hopefully they start to take this seriously.

If anyone gets it working, to run Android and WebUI (Chrome) Desktop tests together in the same test, please let me know what steps you took. I’ve tried many workarounds and the only thing that works is going straight to pure Selenium or Appium and creating our own objects rather than using Katalon’s built-in tools, which isn’t an acceptable approach.

How do you execute your tests?

I execute the tests using Custom Capabilities option, see screenshot. Is there some other way to do this? Do you have a sample project where this is working with a local Android device and the Desktop WebUI testing? I have tried many workarounds, but cannot get anything to work, so any example of a working project would be very helpful.

Capture.PNG

i closed this, which is inactive