## OS Windows 10

## Katalon Studio Version: 5.3.0

## Katalon Studio logs:

Windows (\config\.metadata\.log):

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-01-30 16:03:32.065

!MESSAGE

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.parts.TestSuiteCompositePart.getChildParts(TestSuiteCompositePart.java:238)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.parts.TestSuiteCompositePart.checkDirty(TestSuiteCompositePart.java:268)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.parts.TestSuitePart.setDirty(TestSuitePart.java:640)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.parts.TestSuitePartTestCaseView.setDirty(TestSuitePartTestCaseView.java:587)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.parts.TestSuitePartDataBindingView.setDirty(TestSuitePartDataBindingView.java:657)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.listeners.TestDataToolItemListener.performAddTestDataLink(TestDataToolItemListener.java:184)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.listeners.TestDataToolItemListener.toolItemSelected(TestDataToolItemListener.java:94)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.listeners.TestDataToolItemListener.widgetSelected(TestDataToolItemListener.java:77)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.internalRunGUI(Application.java:115)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:100)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:60)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

## Steps to reproduce -

Created a new test suite

Added a test case with two variables

Attempted to add test data - an internal data file already created and saved

## Expected Behavior -

Test data added to test suite

## Actual Behavior -

Error in below screenshot was displayed. Test data appeared to be added under Test Data, however, I am then unable to save the test suite even though the button is available. The error “java.lang.NullPointerException” appears if I try to add or edit anything else in the suite. I must close it, then reopen to find a blank suite.

Hi Mario Lambert,

I haven’t observed this issue following your steps. Does this always happen with this Test Suite? Or any Test Suites within your project

why i cannot add data binding ?

on any testsuite

Please help to send me your project so that I can see :slight_smile:

I have the same problem and it happens with whatever Project and Test Suite you do it. I just created a Project from scratch - didn’t even add any kind of script to my sample Test case, only created two Variables. Created an internal Data File and tried Data Binding in the Test Suite - Nothing.

I reinstalled the whole program into a new folder and tried the same test case - it worked. So I figure it might have something to do with me overwriting the files of one installation with the other. Mario, have you tried installing Katalon Studio completely from scratch and then binding your test data?