Error System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally when launching test run via KRE

Hi all. I use Katalon on our project to automate website testing. I have purchased a Node-locked license for KRE. I use KRE to run tests on a schedule. I recently encountered an error after reinstalling the OS on my work computer. Everything was fine until after reinstalling the OS my tests stopped running through KRE. I get the error " java.lang.InterruptedException: System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally. Please check your writable permission in folder:"
The tests are run on a user with administrator privileges, so I definitely have access to the folder.
When I run the tests manually everything runs correctly.

What I tried:

1. changing the folder location;
  2. change the version of Katalon Studio in Test Run Type on which the test will be launched;
  3. updating the repository in the Test Ops cloud;
  4. delete files and folders suggested in this discussion - Loading Project and Katalon Studio is stuck at "Generating Global Variables" - #5 by Brandon_Hein .
  5. Change the disk where the folder is stored;
  6. Upload a new repository to the cloud;
  7. Run different test cases;
  8. Restarting the agent;
  9. Reinstalled the agent.

How the error looks like:

1. I run a test scenario through Test Ops;
  2. I observe in the console the presence of license check, boot, etc.;
  3. At a certain point I see the message “Genereting global variable…”;
  4. Waiting for about 10-20 minutes;
  5. I get an error " java.lang.InterruptedException: System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally. Please check your writable permission in folder:" and Exit code 2.

I really need a solution because this problem has paralyzed my work! Please any solutions

Operating System

• Windows Server 2019 Standart

Katalon Studio

• Version 8.1.0

KRE logs

java.lang.InterruptedException: System could not generate internal.GlobalVariable file normally. Please check your writable permission in folder: C:\Agents\Agent_For_Chat*********.
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.waitForGlobalVariableClassFileAvailable(GlobalVariableController.java:82)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:67)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:213)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:582)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:476)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.console.application.ConsoleApplicationStarter.start(ConsoleApplicationStarter.java:37)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:125)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.start(Application.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

Environment (for Web testing):

Google Chrome 93.0.4577.63 (x64)

Hi n.naumchik,

You could try to start with grant access/admin privilege (read and write) for the current user of the folder C:\Agents\Agent_For_Chat********* since it’s run through TestOps it’s might not recognize authority.

If this happens again, could you submit the bug via zendesk and send an execution log along for better analysis? I think this could be handle faster that way.

Hello. It helped me to move the agent folder to the root C:. It is important that there is no intermediate folder: C: \ Agents \ Agent_For_Chat is bad, C:\Agent_For_Chat is fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.