Enabling the remote debugging in katalon

Hi

Do we have an option to enable the remote debugging in Katalon 7.7.2 version. how do we do it

@discover.selenium @Luka_Mlikota @Andrej_Podhajsky
@helpdesk, @ThanhTo @duyluong @Chris_Trevarthen
Could you please look into this issue and suggest

I also want to run test suite with Headless Chrome

chrome \
–headless \ # Runs Chrome in headless mode.
–disable-gpu \ # Temporarily needed if running on Windows.
*–remote-debugging-port=9222 *
https://www.chromestatus.com # URL to open. Defaults to about:blank.

Hi @thongnmtran

Can you please help me in this
Regards
Ayesha

@ayesha.khanam you can set the desired switches by using the args capability in your project setting.
See bellow pics, in my example i set it for Chrome driver, you have to do it for Chrome Headless instead:

Once set, simply run your project using the Chrome (Headless) driver:

headless

Checking it in the browser opened by katalon when running a testcase, all seems to be ok:

and from another browser instance:

ch_remote

hope it helped!

1 Like

@ayesha.khanam I’m not using Katalon anymore and I won’t use it ever again. Take a look at TestCafe or Playwright. Debugging is a human right, auto-wait for element is also.

1 Like

Hi there @Luka_Mlikota,

It has been a while since we last saw you, we hope you are having a great week so far!

We have seen budding interest for Playwright in the past couple weeks. And now even our product team contemplating Playwright support within the Katalon Platform itself!

We are currently running a survey where you could give our product team insight into your experiences with Playwright (or any other automation testing frameworks/tools that you are using) so that they could deliver better features and enhancements to you (should you decide to use our Platform again in the future) and other Katalon users! :sunglasses:

And did we mention that you could also win some exciting gifts from us after filling in the survey? :astonished: :gift:

:point_right: Learn more here

We look forward to seeing your feedback in the survey!