Element not visible and may not be manipulated

Hi Everyone,

I am currently running tests on the web. I have a drop-down menu with the list of All, weekdays, weekends, Sunday, Monday,… Whenever I am running these tests it is failing to select the weekdays. It would be very helpful if someone can help me with this issue.

Thank you.

Unable to select option by value ‘Weekdays’ of object ‘Object Repository/test switching/Page_Devices carbonTRACK (3)/select_AllWeekdaysWeekendSunda (1)’ using regular expression (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: element not visible: Element is not currently visible and may not be manipulated

(Session info: chrome=65.0.3325.181)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 10.0.14393 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘CT-AU-212’, ip: ‘192.168.253.1’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver

Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca…, userDataDir: C:\Users\LILEES~1\AppData\L…}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 65.0.3325.181, webStorageEnabled: true}

Session ID: cafd8f90472392675e2f91e69e330b2d)

Hi Lileesha,

You first need to click on drop-down menu using ‘Click’ keyword and then select required option from list either by value or index number.

Your exception message says that - you are trying to select an element which is actually present in DOM(html) but not visible on screen directly.

So try this way and let me know if it helps.

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you very much for your response. I tried with a click first and then used “selectOptionByValue” and I am getting the same error.

ERROR message:

Unable to select option by value ‘Weekdays’ of object ‘Object Repository/test/test sample/Page_Devices carbonTRACK (3)/select_AllWeekdaysWeekendSunda’ using regular expression (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: element not visible: Element is not currently visible and may not be manipulated

(Session info: chrome=65.0.3325.181)

And when I inspected the drop-down menu, it doesn’t have option value.Could that be a reason for the error?

html.JPG

It worked by using selectOptionByIndex…

Thank you :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Element not visible and may not be manipulated:

kendo dropdown also having same issue. anyone finding the solution for kendo dropdown. pls tell me.

It is only maybe the same issue. Please post your question as a new topic/thread. And when you do, please follow this advice: