Drop down button not showing the list of values

Hi All,

I’m facing issue while recording and executing the test case in Katalon Studio.

List of values is not showing up (continuously loading…) in the drop-down button. Attached screenprint of the issue.

Here is the error log:
01-07-2020 11:05:21 AM Test Cases/InvoiceWithPO

Elapsed time: 1m - 39.844s

Test Cases/InvoiceWithPO FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/InvoiceWithPO/Page_Create Invoice - Invoices - Oracle App_e029a7/span_ADVERTISE - Advertising Services’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:102)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:43)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:72)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$0.call(Unknown Source)
at InvoiceWithPO.run(InvoiceWithPO:100)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.runScript(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:34)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.doExecute(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:29)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCaseRawScript(TestCaseMain.java:151)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCaseRawScript$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1578375315529.run(TempTestCase1578375315529.groovy:160)
Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/InvoiceWithPO/Page_Create Invoice - Invoices - Oracle App_e029a7/span_ADVERTISE - Advertising Services’ located by ‘By.xpath: //div[@id=‘pt1:_FOr1:1:_FONSr2:0:MAnt2:1:pm1:r1:0:ap1:at2:_ATp:ta2:0:ic45::dropdownPopup::dropDownContent::db’]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/span’ not found
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(WebUiCommonHelper.java:1154)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.doCall(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.call(ClickKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
… 16 more

Anyone help me to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Sridhar

Even i tried to set the text input to the field by using setText. Then it is not allowing to save the page. A error pops up as below

Hello,
does it take same time to load drop-down content when You are executing TC manually?

No. We are able to see the values as soon as we click the drop down button.

Thanks,
Sridhar

now this is just speculation: it will have same problem if you open it from anonymous browser…
to me it seem like application for some reason (authorization/authentication/certificates/OS profile) is not able to reach data source that needs to be loaded …
try to check network communication from browser opened by Katalon…

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you help me check network comm. of browser opened by Katalon.

Here is what i guess… Apologies if i am not correct.

I tried below steps:

1. clicking dropdown of Ship-to Location field, selected value from LOV populated
  2. Click Dropdown of Intended Use … not able to see LOV populating
  3. Click Dropdown of Spend Category, selected value from LOV populated.

Thanks,
Sridhar

i would like to see details of this request: