Docker execution report missing attachment

using Katalon 7.4.2 execution from Katalon works fine …however execution from Docker using below command sends the report without the html attachment … the attachment missing due to error in docker -see below -

docker run -t --rm -v “C:/Users/xxx/KatalonStudio/GPORTAL”:/katalon/katalon/source katalonstudio/katalon katalon-execute.sh -browserType=“Chrome” -retry=0 -statusDelay=15 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/UI/Smoke” -executionProfile=“Prod” -apiKey=xxxxx

2020-05-08 21:34:40.976 WARN com.kms.katalon.core.util.KeywordUtil - com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: (was java.io.FileNotFoundException) /tmp/katalon_execute/project/logger.dtd (No such file or directory)
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [2,34]
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:621)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:491)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.ValidatingStreamReader.findDtdExtSubset(ValidatingStreamReader.java:464)

Hi @nhussein,
Can you share the full error stacktrace?

@huynguyen please see attached. the same used to work fine few weeks ago. not sure what has changed but after having licensed API key for DevOps I experience this issue from KRE execution. with trial key it used to work fine. that is the only change I can think of.Docker execution log.txt (22.3 KB)

@nhussein

Please download this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-basic-report-plugin/master/Include/resources/logger.dtd and copy to folder /tmp/katalon_execute/project

@duyluong can’t find this path /tmp/katalon_execute/project anywhere … I think this is a temp folder created in Docker during execution and get’s deleted after
I looked under c:/tmp and in Katalon Studio and Katalon Engine but couldn’t find it.

Hi @nhussein,
Please put it in your project folder to see if it works.

Thanks @huynguyen it works fine … shouldn’t Katalon generate this dtd file automatically under the project folder?
not sure why I am missing it and other team members has it working

@huynguyen @duyluong
adding the logger.dtd file to the project main directory fixed the issue when I execute locally from CL or from Docker …but when I executing the same from Bamboo I am getting this error

build	15-May-2020 14:45:36	Opening project file: /tmp/katalon_execute/project/GPORTAL.prj

build 15-May-2020 14:45:37 java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /tmp/katalon_execute/project/report/testCaseBinding���

attached the full logBamboo log.txt (15.9 KB)

I am using below settings in Katalon for Data binding and it is working fine from local docker …not sure why not from Bamboo

@huynguyen @duyluong there was extra report folder in my project which cause the issue … once I removed it everything worked fine

thank you so much for your support

1 Like