Custom Keyword - Katalon version 7.9: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal method name - Cucumber

Hello, after upgrading to Katalon version 7.9 from an earlier version of 7 my Cucumber tests no longer recognize my Custom Keyword. This is very similar to the issue described here: Katalon version 7.9.0: Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal method name after running test suite

However, this issue does NOT occur for regular test scripts. Only the test scripts that are using .feature/cucumber files. @Russ_Thomas had posted a solution that appeared to work for Kathleen but I’m not sure what the post is suggesting to change? It looks like they are referencing the exact same method.

My code:
CustomKeywords.‘login.Login.LoginToPortal’() <-- this throws the error- [java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal method name]

Cucumber step definitions:
Code1

login.Login.LoginToPortal() custom keyword groovy:

The same cucumber test executes fine in Katalon Version 7.2.1. Upon upgrade to 7.9, Katalon does not like invoking this CustomKeyword from the cucumber step definitions.

2 Likes

Hello,
We are facing the exact same problem !
Don’t hesitate to keep us updated if you find out a way to solve this error, that would be great