Creating test cases using Record

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/create_test_case_using_record_playback.html

I can’t see Record from the main toolbar in the latest katalon studio. Can you help

from the header: click “action” > select “Record” > then choose ‘record web’ or ‘record mobile’

when i end record, then run this test case,it is unsuccessful.
prompt: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’
how to solve this question.

when i end my record test case, then to run it;
but it’s unsuccessful.
prompt:Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at

i would like to know how to solve this question.

I don’t know how to solve this issue, but there is a simple workaround: simply open and immediately close the browser. Then open the browser to start your test as normal.

It seems that when a test case is recorded and the browser is closed, not everything is cleaned up properly.

@khullar.parul3 I am not sure if you were able to resolve this issue but you need to Start a new project or open an existing one to see those buttons. Make sure the project is Web project not web services.

In step 13, the link to “guide” is broken.