Could not write metadata

Hi All

Sometime I got issue : Could not write metadata

• Could not write metadata for ‘/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders’.
    E:\VUPHUONGNAM\TIMO_BEST_TOOL\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.8.5\config.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources.projects.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders.markers.snap (The system cannot find the path specified)

Everyone explain me please ?
Thank

Hi Folks, I am having the same issue and I already granted all the permissions to the folder Katalon is trying to save metadata, Could you please advice how to solve this annoying pop up? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@duyluong @huynguyen

Hi Saul

Please to close Katalon and Open again
If not good, please to delete all Folder of Katalon

Extract file Katalon.Zip Again
Bug is Over

P/s : I often to see it Everyday ( Meet this Bug 50 times )

Appears to be a common issue with eclipse, From reading a few forums, deleting the metadata folder seems to fix it. So yes, deleting katalon and re installing will work fine.

@nam and @hpulsford Thanks for your prompt response, I tried the second option Nam proposed and the bug is over, thank you so much for your advices.

1 Like

Hi @devalex88,

Could not write workspace metadata ‘E:\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.6.6\config.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\0.snap’.
E:\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.6.6\config.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\0.snap (The system cannot find the path specified)

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi @nihanvi1,

Just delete this file: E:\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.6.6\config.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\0.snap then run Katalon Studio again.

Thanks

hello @duyluong,
Thanks for your response, Am trying to run through the command line by the time am facing this issue.

Could you please help me.

Katalon workspace folder is set to default location: E:\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.6.6\config
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
178 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE
Start checking and mark activated for GUI mode
Start getting machine ID on Windows
Start appending additional signatures
hardwareSerialNumber
osDependentUsername prasannaa
End appending additional signatures b7722ad3-f3c1-4be4-867a-6f16c4f59007__prasannaa
End getting machine ID on Windows 47a8b444a00d26b7a64d672c86509c2b
End checking and mark activated for GUI mode
Start check license task
com.kms.katalon.composer.artifact has been installed.
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 10 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.applitools.eyes.RectangleSize
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 12 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.applitools.eyes.selenium.Eyes
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 18 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.BasicKeywords
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 26 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.BasicKeywords
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 36 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.EyesKeywords
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 46 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.EyesKeywords
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 54 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.EyesKeywords
/C%%Users%prasannaa%Katalon Studio%Automation%Automation.prj/Libs/CustomKeywords.groovy: 60 Groovy:unable to resolve class com.kms.katalon.keyword.applitools.EyesKeywords
Katalon version: 7.6.6
Plugin info URL: https://store.katalon.com/api/products/ks?appVersion=7.6.6&appType=ENGINE&licenseType=TRIAL

Hi @nihanvi1,

Please share the full stack-trace but I think you should download Katalon Runtime Engine instead of KS to run your test via command-line.

log.txt (42.4 KB)

Through KS it’s executing but through CMD am facing these issues pls verify and correct me.

Hi @nihanvi1,

To run Katalon test via CMD, please download Katalon Runtime Engine on our website or via this link: https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases/tag/v7.6.6.

You should also learn our command syntax through our document https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/console-mode-execution.html

Yes @duyluong I have done all these I use to work on these but this time am facing this issue.

Hi @duyluong And am also getting like the below attachment, Could you please help me.

Hi @nihanvi1,

Please delete ‘E:\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.6.6\config.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources’ then reopen Katalon again.

Hi @duyluong tried but no luck.