Could not capture Windows element. Reason: SWTException

I am new to automated testing.

I have encountered an error: COULD NOT CAPTURE WINDOWS ELEMENT. Reason: SWTException when using Katalon Studio version 7.1.1 when testing a Windows Desktop App.

Please see attached error details.

Hope you could assist me on this matter. Thank you.

Error details.txt (8.2 KB)

@mcjavier26.mj

Please share your settings in Windows recorder.

Hi,

These are the step I’ve done for my Katalon desktop automation.

I downloaded and opened the winappdriver, I also enabled the Developer mode in the windows 10.

In the Katalon Studio I just clicked the Record Windows Action and choose the path for the desktop application to be tested. Then I clicked the Start button.
Message prompt displayed: Could not capture Windows Element. Reason: SWTException

If you need any further information to help me in this issue, please let me know. Thank you!

Hi, I would just like to follow-up on this. Would you be able to help me with this?

Thank you.

Hi @mcjavier26.mj,

Please provide us this info:

• Did your app launch after clicking on the Start button?
  • Do your app has any launching screens or open an another window after starting?

Hi,

Please see below response:

• Did your app launch after clicking on the Start button?
    Yes, the login page displayed after clicking the Start button.

• Do your app has any launching screens or open an another window after starting?
    NONE

For this case, you need to click on Switch to Window Title then enter the application’s title. Katalon will re-capture you main application window and let you continue recording.

Thanks

Hi, may I ask where can I see the Switch to Window Title option?

Hi @mcjavier26.mj

It should be visible in Windows Recorder

Hi, I would like to know how to display the SWITCH TO WINDOW TITLE option from the list of actions.

Thank you.

Hi , I have this problem and not finding solutian yet!
please tell me …
if your can finding every things about this?
AND NOT RESOLVED WITH SWITCH TO TITLE NAME !!!